[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1/2 kg beef steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce for marinating
- 1 calamansi or 3 – 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, cut into ring shapes
- 1/2 cup water
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Servings: 4
- Time: 45 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Marinate beef in soy sauce, calamansi extract and pepper at least 1 hour. Overnight preferred.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan, put in the onion rings; stir and fry gently for few minutes; set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in the same pan and place in marinated beef. Fry until brown and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute garlic until light brown. Do not burn the garlic.
- Pour in marinating juice and water. Place in the fried beef. Bring to boil.. Simmer over low heat until beef becomes tender. Allow the sauce to thicken slightly. Add more water if necessary.
- After simmering , top with stir fried onion rings. Salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat.
- Serve with steamed rice.