Beef stroganoff is fast and easy. This makes a great midweek dish as it can be made up in about 30 minutes. Believe me, the outcome is incredibly delicious. Serve it up with a nice garden salad and a glass of red wine. Give this a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few basic tips to making this beef stroganoff. You can use any type of noodle you like, but I usually use an extra broad yolkless noodle or an egg noodle. Some people use ground beef in the recipe which is fine. Personally, I prefer beef strips. The texture is so much nicer. Any cut of beef can be used. The golden rule still applies, however: The better the cut, the better the dish. We have tried to keep the recipe basic by adding onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. You can use whatever spices you like, however. I’m trying to be a bit diet conscious, so I only use milk. If you want a thicker, richer beef stroganoff, you can use half and half or heavy cream.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1 lb (1/2 kilo) of beef cut into thin strips (any cut or ground beef)
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of milk, half and half, or heavy cream
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 3 cups (170g) of stroganoff noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Place the onion and garlic in and saute them, over medium high heat, for 1 to 2 minutes until they are fragrant.
- Add the beef in. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir and fry it for about 3 minutes until it’s browned on all sides. Don’t overcook it or it will be too tough. Set everything aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add the water, milk, and butter. Bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally, over medium high heat.
- Add the noodles in. Allow them to cook, stirring occasionally, for 9 to 10 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Put the beef back in and stir until everything is well combined.
- Plate, garnish with some chopped parsley, and enjoy your 30 minutes beef stroganoff.