Our breakfast casserole is easy and delicious. Made with an simple combination of eggs, milk, bread, garlic powder, sausage, cheese, tomatoes, and green onions, the final produce is out of this world. Believe me, your family and friends will simply love it. I make it up at least once a month.
As with any recipe, there are some changes you can make. First, the ingredients in this recipe are completely suggestions. For example, if you do not want to add tomatoes or green onions, you do not have to.
I only leave the egg mixture soak for a few minutes, but it is best to leave it for a couple of hours and overnight is the best. You want the egg mixture to really soak into the bread.
Watch the video, give our breakfast casserole and try, and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video”[/btn]
- 10 breakfast sausages, casings taken off and crumbled
- 5 slices of white or brown bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- Fry the sausages for 4 or 5 minutes until cooked through. Discard any excess fat and set them aside.
- Add the eggs, milk, garlic, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Break up the bread into bite size chunks and put them into your favourite casserole dish. Spread the sausage over the top followed by the tomatoes.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle the cheese over.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes – a few hours or overnight is preferred.
- Place the casserole in the oven for one hour.
- Serve and enjoy your breakfast casserole.