Chicken chowder soup is a delicious comfort food. This recipe is made with a combination of vegetables, spices, and boneless skinless chicken breasts which make it healthy and easy. This soup can be made in a variety of ways, but this is one of the simplest recipes I have found. If you are really health conscious, you can eliminate the bacon or replace it with low fat ham. On the other hand, if you want it a little creamier, you can you add half and half cream. Some people use whole cream, but I just find that a little too rich. Serve this up with some dinner rolls or cracker. Chicken and corn chowder soup is the perfect comfort food on a cool day.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 5 slices of bacon
- 3 medium chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium can of corn
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 tsp of parsley
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of corn starch diluted in 2 tbsp of water
- Servings: 5
- Time: 1 hour
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Melt the butter in a pot. Add in the chicken, celery, ham, bacon, and onions. Season it with parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir and saute, over medium heat, for a few minutes until the chicken turns light brown. Pour the water and chicken broth in. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and allow it simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add in the corn, potatoes, and milk. Allow it to continue to simmer, over medium heat , for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add in the diluted corn starch. Stir until the soup reaches a rich, creamy consistency.
- Serve and enjoy you chicken and corn chowder soup.