Chicken burritos are originally from Mexico but have become popular in many cultures. As a result of the Spanish influence on the Philippines, the recipe has been embraced here, as well. It is similar to many types of Filipino chicken stews with the exception of the flour wrapper and salsa. This is an easy dish to make. It is likewise, tasty, healthy and elegant. The flour tortillas can be found in the freezer section of any supermarket. You can also make them from scratch if you wish. The salsa can be found in the snack section frequently paired with potato chips. This can also be made by hand. Whatever the occasion, Chicken Burritos will be a hit.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, boiled/shredded
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4-6 Flour Tortillas
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Re-fried beans
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 small bottle mild Salsa
- Servings: 3-4
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: Mexican, American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Add oil in a preheated pan. Place in chicken, onion, bell peppers, tomatoes. season with salt and pepper.
- Stir for a few minutes. Cover and simmer over low heat for at least 20 – 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and allow to cool. Shred into small pieces using a fork.
- In a saucepan, heat re-fried beans for a few minutes. Heat flour tortillas (one at a time) on both sides for at least 1 minute.
- Preparation: Scoop re-fried beans and place them on the center of flour tortillas. Top with chicken mixture, grated cheese and salsa.
- Fold the wrapper and ready to serve.