Buckeyes are an awesome candy slash dessert. They have a unique flavor due to the peanut butter combined with the sugar and the creaminess of the butter. Not to mention, they are so easy and fun to make. Believe me, the kids will love them. Give them a try, and let us know what you think.
There are a couple of tips to making buckeyes. First, if you want them a little creamier and more runny, simply add a bit more peanut butter. A few drops of vanilla extract would add to the complexity and richness of flavors, but it’s not necessary. If you find them too sweet, you can cut back on the sugar a little bit. You do, however, need a fair amount to bind them together.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups o creamyf peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Combine the sugar, peanut butter, and butter in a mixing bowl. Using a spatula, mix until it’s well combined.
- Scoop up a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Place the balls in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up.
- In the mean time, melt down the chocolate chips. You can do this by placing them in a double boiler or the microwave.
- After 20 minutes, remove the balls form the freezer. Insert a toothpick in the center and dip them in the melted chocolate. Don’t cover them completely as you want the effect of eyes.
- Put them on a baking sheet lined with some parchment paper and allow them to set for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your buckeyes.