Breakfast wraps are a complete breakfast in a roll. Not to mention, they are so easy to make and incredibly delicious. They are a nice change from sausages and eggs which can tend to get a bit boring if served too often. Give them a shot and let us know what you think.
There are a few variations to this recipe, so let’s talk about them. First, I usually use chipotle feta sausages simply because I love the taste and heat. Feel free to use the sausage of your choice, however. Any kind of tortilla can be used such as whole wheat, etc. We always add milk to the eggs to achieve a fluffy effect, but if you’re lactose intolerant, it’s not completely necessary.
In terms of the cheese, old cheddar is my choice for the topping, but you can use your favourite cheese. The recipe calls for red bell pepper, but any kind of pepper can be used. Sometimes I like the taste of yellow or green The same applies to the onions. If you wish to add extra ingredients to your breakfast wrap, please feel free to do so. A bit or garlic and some extra spices might just be a welcomed addition.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 2 large sausages of your choice
- 1/2 a small onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 flour tortillas
- In a small bowl, crack in the eggs. Add in the milk and season with salt and pepper. Beat until well combined.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add in some oil, and put the egg mixture in. Using a spatula, stir and fry until the eggs are set. Put them aside.
- Add a bit more oil to a separate pan and add the sausages in. I always crumble them out of the casing as they are too bulky if simply sliced and put in the wrap. Fry them, over medium high heat, until they are cooked through.
- Sweep the sausages to one side of the pan and add in the bell pepper and onions. Fry until tender crisp. This will take 3 minutes or so. Set everything aside on a plate.
- Lay the tortillas out on a flat surface. Spread the eggs into the centre and the sausage and veggies on each side. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and roll up the tortillas.
- Heat a pan to medium high heat, place the tortillas in, and fry for a minute or two on each side until they begin to brown.
- Serve and enjoy your breakfast wraps.