Pork and egg Chow Mein is simple and delicious. It can be made fast and easy, It makes a great mid week meal as it’s so simple.
There are a few variations to this recipe. You can use the vegetables of your choice. The ones I use are my personal reference.. You don’t have to us pork, You could use chicken or beef, as well. If you’re a garlic lover, you can add some more garlic. The same applies to the ginger. Give it a try, and let us know what you think..
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 200 grams of egg noodles (chow mein noodles)
- 1 egg beaten,
- 2 cups of mixed veggies – bell peppers,, carrots, celery, and beans.
- 1/2 kilo of pork, cut in strips
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger finely chopped
- 4 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- salt & pepper
- cooking oil
- Cook the noodles according the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Beat one egg and cook until set.. Chop it into squares.
- Cut the pork into strips. Season it with oyster sauce and 2 tbsp of soy sauce .Mix until it’s well combined. Fry over medium high heat until it’s brown. Set it aside.
- Saute the onion, garlic, and ginger in the same pan until fragrant. Add the mixed veggies, stir and fry until tender crisp.
- Add the the noodles, pork, and egg back in the pan. Stir fry it for 2 minutes.
- Season with 2 tbsp of soy sauce (to taste). Toss everything. Turn off heat.
- Serve and enjoy your Pork and Egg Chow mein