This chicken Doritos casserole is the ultimate snack or party food. It is a dish for young and seasoned alike. I mean, lets face it, everybody loves Doritos and that wonderful taco mixture that goes with it. I often serve this up at social gatherings and it is always a hit with everybody, not only with the kids.
You can, of course, add extra ingredients if you are so inclined. Some garlic or onion powder would certainly not go amiss. Some have even been know to add olives, but it’s entirely up to you.
Although I like cheddar, you can use your favourite cheese. As always, you can add your own variations to the dish. As for the chicken, you can use leftovers or store bought. You could even buy chicken from your favourite franchise.
Give it a try and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Watch Our Video:[/btn]
- 2 cups of left over chicken
- 1 1/2 cups of canned corn, drained – peaches and cream
- 1 cup of spicy diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of black beans
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup – about 1 cup
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 tbsp of taco seasoning
- pepper to taste1 cup of grated cheese of your choice
- 1 bag of crushed cheese Doritos
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped for garnish
- 1 tbsp of fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- To make the mixture combine all of the ingredients, except the Doritos, into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Lay 1/2 the Doritos over the bottom of a casserole dish followed by a layer of the mixture. Do not mix or you will make a mess. Just simply place the mixture on and spread it out gently and evenly.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the remaining Doritos over followed by the cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 7 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chillies and parsley.
- Enjoy your Chicken Doritos casserole.
Hi guys. Great new website.