Chocolate mousse is easy to make and incredibly delicious. It is airy, mouthwatering, and has a texture similar to that of soft ice cream. It is excellent served up as a snack or after any main course.
There are a few tips to making chocolate mousse. First, you can use any type of chocolate with it whether it be chocolate chips or your favorite brand. A semi sweet dark chocolate works best, however. Likewise, you can likewise use any brand of all purpose cream. Secondly, while whisking the meringue, is important not to stop or you will not to avoid air bubbles and achieve the desired consistency. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can use a saucepan and place the bowl over the top. You can use a glass of you choice to pour it into. I find a cocktail glass works great. For presentation purposes, I place a cherry on top with the stem intack. The last tip is to place the chocolate mousse in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour to firm up.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 large egg white
- 1/8 bar of semi sweet chocolate
- 2 tbsp of butter
- ¼ tbsp of white sugar
- 1/2 tbsp of unflavored gelatin
- 1`/4 cup of all purpose cream
- 1 tsp of water
- Servings: 1
- Level: Medium
- Time: 40 minutes
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Add the chocolate and butter to a mixing bowl. Place it into a double boiler over low heat, and bring it to a soft boil while whisking. The water should be a soft boil and not a rolling boil. Continue to whisk for 3 to 4 minutes until the chocolate and butter are melted together. Put it in a separate bowl. Add in the all purpose cream. Slightly whisk until it’s combined.
- In a different bowl, add in the egg white. Whisk vigorously until it’s fluffy. This should take about 4 to 5 minutes. Try not to stop whisking or you will get air bubbles. While whisking, add the sugar in. You can also use an electric mixer to speed up the process.
- Add in the chocolate mixure. Whisk it slightly until it’s combined.
- Add a tsp of water to the geletin powder. Mix until it is combined. Quiclky add it to the chocolate mixture. Whisk until everything is well incorporated.
- Transfer it into a serving glass, and allow it to chill for about 30 minutes. Top it with a cherry, serve, and enjoy your chocolate mousse.