I got home the other night and wanted dinner. Of course pizza came to mind but takeout didn’t appeal to me. I wanted something fast and easy though. Upon rummaging through the fridge, I came upon some tortillas and left over chicken from the grocery store. The thought came to mind “chicken tortilla pizza.” I had made tortilla pizzas before but never with chicken, so my adventure began.
I keep my pizza fairly simple with some sauce, bell peppers, tortillas, mozzarella, etc. Oh my gosh, it was so good. When you are making your tortilla pizza, you can go wild and add the ingredients of your choice. As always, mushrooms, and many other toppings would not go amiss.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Watch Our Video:[/btn]
- Two 8 inch tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/3 cup of pizza sauce
- 1/2 lb or 1/4 kilo of seasoned grilled chicken
- 1/4 bell pepper, sliced (green or red)
- 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella
- 1/2 tsp of dried basil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F or 200 C
- Lay the tortillas out, brush some olive oil over the top, season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tortillas into a pan over medium high heat and fry on each side until lightly browned.
- Remove the tortillas from the pan and place them on a baking tray lined with a matt or parchment paper. Swirl half the pizza sauce on followed by the chicken, bell pepper, mozzarella, and basil.
- Place in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes until cooked and the cheese is melted.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy your chicken tortilla pizza.