Slow cooker pork subs are quick and tasty. Although this recipe tells you how to make the roast from scratch, it is also a great way to use up the leftovers pork from our original slow cooker roast pork recipe. I really enjoy these subs the night after the roast pork, as I usually have leftovers, This makes dinner fast and easy. I slip by the store and pick up some of my favorite sub buns and some mozzarella cheese.
The sauce is optional. You can use your favorite sauce or simply leave it out. I find this sauce nicely complements our slow cooker roast pork, however. That’s what it was designed for. You can use your favorite sub buns – white or whole wheat. If you not a fan of mozzarella, you can use cheddar or your favorite cheese.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 3 lb pork roast
- 4 – 5 sub buns
- strips of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp of rosemary
- 1 tsp of thyme
- 1 tsp of sage
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of water
To Make the Sauce:
- 2 tbsp of Hunts Hickory with brown sugar
- 1 tsp of ketchup
- sprinkle of pepper (1/8) tsp
- dusting (1/8) tsp of garlic powder
- Place the pork roast into a slow cooker
- Servings: 4
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- In a small mixing bowl, add in the olive oil, black pepper, salt, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and sage. Using a small whisk or a spoon, mix until everything is well combined.
- Place the roast in a casserole dish or a large bowl and trim away any excess fat. Pour the rub over top of the roast and message it in using your hands.
- Place the roast into the crock pot, and pour the water over it. Place the lid on. Allow it to cook, on low, for eight hours.
- Using two large spoons, carefully remove the roast from the crock pot and discard the water. Using a fork, shred the meat. This should be easy, as the the roast will be falling apart.
- Cut the submarine buns in half. Place a generous portion of meat onto one half of the bun, followed by the sauce, and the mozzarella cheese.
- Place the tops on, and put them in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Serve and enjoy your crock pot subs.