Deep-fried mushrooms are an easy and delicious appetizer. There are, however, a few tips to making these. First, you should never wash the mushrooms. This will make them soggy as they will release more water while being deep-fried. The best thing to do is simply wipe them clean with a paper towel. Second, make sure you serve the deep-fried mushrooms immediately or they’ll become soggy. Last, make sure your oil is at 350°F. You can use a deep fry thermometer or a meat thermometer to check the temperature. Also, remember to fry them for only a minute and a half just to the point where they are nicely golden brown.I enjoy my deep-fried mushrooms served up with a simple mayonnaise and garlic sauce. Simply click the link to find the recipe. You can use the sauce of your choice, however.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Inhredients:[/btn]
- 8 – 10 (200 grams) button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1 egg
- Servings: 3-4
- Time: 35 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Wipe the mushroom clean with a paper towel. Do not rinse them off with water.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters. If they are smaller mushrooms, cut them in halves.
- Pour the water into a mixing bowl. Next, crack the egg in add the all-purpose flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk until everything is well combined.
- Add the breadcrumbs to a separate bowl.
- Place the mushrooms into the liquid mixture. Stir until they are well coated.
- In batches, add the mushrooms to the bread crumbs and stir until they are well coated. Set them aside on wire rack.
- In a pot or deep fryer, pour in about 6 cm of vegetable oil. Over medium heat, bring the oil to 350°F. In batches of 6 to 8, place the mushrooms in. Deep-fry them for a minute and half or until they’re golden brown.
- Set them aside on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Serve your deep-fried mushrooms up with a lemon mayo dipping sauce or the sauce of your choice. Enjoy!