No bake mac and cheese is incredibly simple. Actually, this recipe uses 4 basic ingredients. I usually make this up during the week because it’s so simple and easy. In my opinion, it’s so much healthier than Kraft Dinner. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
As a result of the recipe being so simple there are really very few hints. This no bake mac and cheese is so veratile there are so many things you can do with it. For example you can add addition spices such as garlic, basil, onion powder, paprika, etc. You might want to finely chop a green onion and add it in. You could use 3 or 4 different cheeses or add a can of diced tomatoes in. The list is endless.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 2 cups of elbow noodles
- salt and pepper
- parsley flakes for garnish
- Servings: 4
- Time: 20 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Add 1/2 cup of milk and 2 tbsp of flour to a small bowl. Mix until well combined and lump free.
- Pour the other cup of milk into a sauce pan. Heat over medium heat stirring constantly. When the milk gets hot, not boiling, add in the flour and milk mixture. Reduce the heat to low and stir for 3 or four minutes until it becomes think.
- Add the cheese in and stir constantly until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Put the elbow noodles into the cheese mixture. Stir until the noodles and well coated.
- Serve and enjoy your no bake mac and cheese.