🎄✨ ‘Tis the season for delicious delights, and we’ve got the perfect recipe to elevate your Christmas Eve feast! Join us in the kitchen for a culinary celebration with our Easy Cheesy Meatballs that are sure to spread joy and flavor.
In this recipe, we’ll guide you through a simple and quick recipe that combines the savory goodness of meatballs with a gooey, cheesy surprise at the center. It’s a festive twist that will leave your guests raving!
Christmas Eve Eats: Easy Cheesy Meatballs Recipe
Whether you're hosting a holiday gathering or looking for a scrumptious treat to enjoy with your loved ones, these Easy Cheesy Meatballs are a must-try. We'll share tips and tricks to make the preparation stress-free, ensuring you have more time to savor the magic of the season.
For the Meatballs
For the Casserole
Add all the ingredients for the meatballs to a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Pick up a pinch of the mixture, place it into the palm of your hand, and form it into a ball. Repeat the process for the remaining mixture. Place the meatballs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 F or 180 C for about 20 minutes.
Spread about 1/4 of the marinara on to the bottom of a casserole dish. Place the meatballs on and pour the remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle the the Italian seasoning over followed by the mozzarella and basil. Place the dish in the oven for about 15 minutes until the cheese melts and the sauce is heated through.
Serve and enjoy your easy cheesy meatballs.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 535kcal
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 24g37%
- Cholesterol 32mg11%
- Sodium 745mg32%
- Potassium 780mg23%
- Total Carbohydrate 18g6%
- Dietary Fiber 6g24%
- Sugars 7g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Nutritional values are a within reason estimate and my vary depending on several factors.
1. Choose Your Cheese: Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese for the gooey center. Mozzarella, cheddar, and pepper jack are excellent choices. Mix and match to discover your perfect cheesy combination!
2. Time-Saving Tip: To save time on Christmas Eve, you can prepare the meatball mixture ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, simply shape the meatballs, add the cheese, and bake.
3. Serving Suggestions: These Easy Cheesy Meatballs make a fantastic appetizer or main course. Serve them with toothpicks as a delightful party snack, or pair them with a side of pasta or crusty bread for a more substantial meal.
4. Customize Your Seasonings: Adjust the seasonings to suit your taste preferences. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a subtle kick or fresh herbs like parsley and thyme for extra flavor.
5. Oven or Air Fryer: While we'll be baking these in the oven, you can also try making them in an air fryer for a quicker cooking time and a crispy exterior. Adjust the temperature and cooking time accordingly.
6. Make It a Family Affair: Get the whole family involved in the kitchen! This recipe is perfect for little hands to help shape the meatballs or stuff them with cheese. It's a great way to create lasting holiday memories.
7. Double the Batch: Planning a larger gathering? Easily double or triple the recipe to ensure there are plenty of these cheesy delights to go around. Leftovers (if any!) can be enjoyed the next day.
8. Festive Garnishes: Sprinkle some fresh herbs, such as chopped parsley or rosemary, on top of the meatballs before serving for a festive and aromatic touch.