Roasted chicken with herbs is one if of the tastiest chicken dishes I have ever had. I often make this up on a Sunday, invite family and friends over, and they rant about this for days. Believe me, you wont be disappointed.
As always, there are a few tips to making this delicious roasted chicken. First, you can do it on the BBQ or in the oven. As always, I love mine done on the BBQ. The herbs and stuffing are only suggestions as you can add what you like, but I find it makes a perfect combination. If your chicken is a little bigger, you might want to increase the roasting time a little. It’s just critical that the internal temperature be 165 degrees F. I always insert the thermometer between the leg and the thigh.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1.2 lb whole chicken
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 whole medium onion, quartered
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Put chicken in an aluminum tray,
- Stuff the chicken with lemon, onion, garlic and a rosemary sprig.
- Drizzle olive oil on all sides of the chicken
- Season with rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Do this on both sides.
- Grill at 350 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours. You can bake this in the oven at 180 degrees C for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours in the oven, as well. It should should have an internal temperature of about 165 degrees if your using thermometer.
- Serve and enjoy your roasted chicken with herbs.