No Bake Oreo Cherry Cheesecake
No bake Oreo cherry cheesecake is decadent and delicious. Made with a delightful mixture of crushed Oreo cookies, butter, cream cheese, whipping cream, and cherries, it is so easy to make. The most difficult part is waiting for it to set in the fridge. Believe me, your family and friends will go crazy over it.
There are a few tips to making this recipe. To begin with, any kind of cream cheese can be used, but Philadelphia is usually the best. Just be sure it is plain and not flavoured and it is at room temperature.
Vanilla Oreos are the best to use, as they are somewhat neutral in their flavour, but any flavour will suffice. It really depends on your taste.
I often get the question what type of whipping cream should I use, or can I use all purpose cream. The answer is, you want whipping cream that is above 30 percent fat content or it will not whip up properly. You can get away with all purpose cream or other cream, if you make sure it is super cold before you try and whip it.
As far as the cherry topping goes, I simply use a can of pie filling. You can make it from scratch if you want to do the extra work.
Give our no bake Oreo cherry cheesecake a try, and let us know what you think.Video:
- 20 - 25 crushed Oreo cookies
- ½ cup of melted butter
- 16 oz or 900 grams of cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup or 30 grams of confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup or 240 ml of heavy whipping cream
- 5 - 6 more crushed Oreos to add to the mixture
- Line an 8 inch by 8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil making sure the bottom and edges are completely covered with a bit of overlap.
- Add the crushed Oreo cookies to a mixing bowl followed by the butter. Using a spatula or spoon, mix until well combined and a wet,sandy mixture forms.
- Set in the fridge for a few minutes to set.
- Place the mixture into the pan, spread it out evenly, and press it down using a cup or bowl.
- Put the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar in a separate bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the whipping cream into a third bowl and whip until stiff peaks form. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the whipping cream followed by the 5 - 6 crushed Oreos. Fold until well incorporated.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the Oreo base and smooth it out.
- Allow to set in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours - overnight is the best.
- Spread some cherry filling over the top and slice.
- Enjoy your no bake Oreo cheery cheesecake.
Share This Recipe