Omelette or egg in a bag is a recipe that is often shown on Social Media. It involves combining the ingredients of your favourite omelette, mixing them up, placing the mixture into a sealable plastic bag or zip lock bag, placing it in boiling water, and simply allowing it to cook for 13 to 15 minutes.
The ingredients in this recipe are fairly simple, but they can vary. We use a simple combination of red bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, garlic, cheese, salt and pepper. You can, of course, add the ingredients of your liking. For example, a few strips of ham or bacon would compliment the recipe nicely too.
I mix the omelette in a bowl first and put it in the bag. You can, however, do everything directly in the bag. In example, add the eggs, squeeze them, then add the remainder of your ingredients and mix them up.
Be sure to use a relatively heavy bag, or it will become very limp during the cooking process.
- 1 medium zip lock bag
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 red bell pepper chopped finely
- 1 slice of tomato, chopped
- 1 slice of onion, chopped
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 2 – 3 tbsp of old cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 2 – 3 inches of water to a pan and bring to a boil.
- Place the egg, bell pepper, tomato, onion, garlic, cheese, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl and mix until will combined.
- Pour the mixture into the zip lock bag.
- Place the bag in the boiling water for 13 – 15 minutes.
- Remove the omelette from the bag and serve.
- Enjoy your omelette in a bag.