Shrimp fried rice is so easy to prepare and incredibly delicious. It takes the boredom out of plain rice and adds a vibrant and exciting texture and flavor. I usually make it up on the weekends and the entire family loves it. Try it today and let us know your thoughts.
There are a few little tips to making this delicious shrimp fried rice. First, make sure you use a fairly large shrimp and make sure they are as fresh as possible. The same rule of thumb applies to the vegetables, as well I use frozen peas, but you can use fresh garden peas if you like. We always make our rice the night before and leave it in the fridge. If the rice is cold, it will be easier to fry and the texture will be much nicer. I recommend a long grain rice for the recipe. If you don’t have it, any type of rice will suffice.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup of bean sprouts
- 10 large shrimp, deveined with tails left on
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 3 cups of cooked fried rice, cold
- 4 tbsp of soy sauce
- 4 tbsp of red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 egg, lighly beaten
- 2 tbsp of spring onions for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
- Add some olive oil to a preheated pan. Put the garlic in a saute it over medium high heat for about 45 seconds or until it becomes soft and fragrant.
- Place the shrimp in and fry them for 3 to 5 minutes or until they become pink. Remove the shrimp and set them aside.
- In the same pan, add in the sesame oil, the lightly beaten egg, and let it set for about 2 minutes. Scramble the egg and break it up into pieces.
- Add the cold rice in. Using two spoons, toss the rice until it is combined with the egg.
- Place in the bean sprouts, bell peppers, frozen peas, shrimp, and the juices from the shrimp. Season with the soy sauce and pepper. Toss for about 3 minutes until everything is well combined.
- Plate and garnish with spring onions. Enjoy your shrimp fried rice.