Grilled cheese pizzas are fun and easy to make. Actually, I don’t know why I didn’t think of them years ago. They are an instant hit at parties, and the kids will love them, as well. The great thing is, they can be made up in a few minutes.
I use brown bread for my grilled cheese pizza, but you can use any bread you want. The toppings in this recipe are simply pizza sauce, cheddar cheese, mozzarella, pepperoni, and black olives. You may want to consider additional toppings such as bacon, basil, onions, etc. I fry my sandwich over medium heat. If the heat is too high, the outside will cook too fast and the inside won’t be cooked. On my stove, 3 minutes is just about perfect.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 3 pieces of sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 pieces of mozzarella cheese
- 4 – 6 pieces of pepperoni
- 4 black olives
- 1 tbsp of pizza sauce
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Serving: 1
- Time: 10 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Butter one side of the bread and turn it over. Spoon the pizza sauce into the center of the unbuttered bread and swirl it outward. Put the cheddar, mozzarella, pepperoni, and black olives on. Place the second piece of bread on and butter the top.
- Heat you pan over medium heat. Place the grilled cheese pizza in and fry it for about 3 minutes on each side or until it’s golden brown and the cheese is nicely melted. You will need to gently flatten down the sandwich with flipper periodically.
- Plate, slice, and serve the sandwich. Enjoy your grilled cheese pizza.