Brownie swirls are traditional brownies topped with a delightful cream cheese and sugar mixture.The outcome is visually stunning and incredibly delicious. Believe me, when you serve these to family and friends, they will rant about them for ages.
There are a few tips to making these unbelievably delicious brownie swirls. First, you can use any brand of cream cheese, but I prefer the Philadelphia original cream cheese. For a slightly different twist, you could use a strawberry cream cheese or another flavor. The amount of sugar in the brownies is adjusted according to my liking, but if you prefer them more or less sweeter, you can alter the sugar accordingly. it's entirely up to you. I find they bake perfectly in a 350°F (177 Celsius) oven, but ovens do vary. In light of this, keep an eye on them. You know they're done if you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.Video:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (177 C).
- For the Brownies:
- ½ cup of melted unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of white sugar
- ½ cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ⅓ (6 tbsp) cup of cocoa
- ¼ tsp of salt
- For the Swirl:
- 227 grams of cream cheese at room temperature
- ⅛ tsp of villa extract
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 C).
- To make the Brownies:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until it's well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter and 1 cup of sugar. Mix until they are well incorporated. Add in one egg and mix for about 30 seconds. Add in the second egg and mix for an additional 30 seconds or until well combined.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Line an 8 inch by 8 inch baking pan with some parchment paper, pour the mixture in, and spread it out evenly using a spatula. Set aside.
- To Make the swirl:
- Add the cream cheese to a bowl. Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat until it's creamy and smooth. Add in the sugar, vanilla extract, and the egg. Mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the swirl mixture over the brownie mixture. Using a butter knife or spatula, swirl the mixtures around until you get a marble effect. You might have to dig down into the brownie mixture with the knife to bring it to the surface.
- Place it into the oven and allow it to bake for about 25 minutes or until it sets.
- Let it cool completely, cut it into squares, and enjoy your brownie swirls.