This recipe has been submitted by member Miraflor Martin.
Crispy kangkong (water spinach) is a very light and healthy appetizer. It is similar to a tempura dish which is coated with flour and batter and then dipped into hot oil.
- 25 pcs. Kangkong ( Water Spinach) leaves
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 raw egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika (Optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Servings: 2
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(3.5 / 5)
- Combine all Ingredients in a mixing bowl, except the leaves and the oil. Set aside
- Put some oil in a preheated frying pan.
- Dip the Kangkong or water spinach into the batter one by one.
- Drop each leaf in the preheated pan, and fry them for about 1-2 minutes or until light brown.
- Serve it hot with your favorite dipping sauce.