Ginisang Upo is another simple and healthy Filipino recipe for any home in the Philippines. Upo in English means bottle gourd, which is a common vegetable in the Philippines. It is a perfect combination with fried galungong fish. This is one of the best lutong bahay, and it is very easy to make. If you want a healthier variation of this dish, you can discard the pork.
- 1 medium size upo, peeled cut in bite size
- 1/4 kilo ground pork (optional)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup small fresh shrimp or frozen shrimp
- 1/2 cup water
- fish sauce and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
(5 / 5)
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan. Saute garlic, onion and tomato until fragrant.
- Add in pork and shrimp. Stir until shrimp changed in color and pork is light brown.
- Place in upo. Season with fish sauce and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Pour in water, cover and simmer over medium heat for at least 10-12 minutes or until upo is tender. Turn off heat.
Share This Recipe