Sloppy Joes are tasty and simple. The dish can be made in about half an hour. There are several variations to this recipe, but this one is perhaps one of the simplest. As always, you can adjust the ingredients to meet your taste. For example, if you are a garlic lover, you can add a little more garlic. On the other hand, you may want to simply leave it out. You can also replace the green bell pepper with red. It tends to make the dish a little nicer in appearance. Red pepper are also sweeter in taste. Sloppy Joes are great for just about any occasion. They are great served while watching one of your favorite sports events on television as they make an excellent beer match. Serve these up today. Your friends and family will love them.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce (or 1 tbsp soy sauce substitute)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/3 cup of green or red bell peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder or two cloves of crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground mustard or (yellow mustard substitute)
- 3/4 of a cup of ketchup
- 3 teaspoons of brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Servings: 5
- Time: 35 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
Watch our cooking video:
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Add in the ground beef, onions, and garlic into a pan. Fry this over medium heat until the ground beef is browned. Using a colander strainer, drain off any excess fat.
- Reduce the heat to low, add in the mustard, ketchup, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper and mix until well combined. Allow the sloppy Joe mixture to simmer for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you find the mixture is getting a little dry, add a bit of water.
- Turn off the heat, and place the mixture onto a toasted hamburger bun. Serve and enjoy your sloppy Joe’s.