Homemade Chicken Balls in 30 Minutes
Homemade chicken balls are a wonderful combination of of boneless, skinless cubed chicken, breaded, and fried to absolute perfection. After that, a sauce, made up of a mixture of sauces and spices, which makes the dish out of this world is added. It is take out at home that your family and friends will love.
As always, there are a few variations to the recipe. For example, you can adjust the spices in both the sauce and breading according to your liking.
Next, if you do not have self rising flour, you can use all purpose flour with baking powder. Even when you use self rising, I add a bit of baking powder to make it rise a bit more.
I must point out that the water has to be super cold. You can even add a bit of ice to it and leave it sit for a bit.
Give the recipe a try and let us know what you think.Video:
- For the Chicken:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast cubed into rounded chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp or 15 grams of corn starch
- To Make the Sauce:
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- ¼ or 55 ml cup of ketchup
- For the Batter:
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of self rising flour or 1 cup of all purpose with 2 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of cold water
- Additional Ingredients:
- Oil for frying
- Heat your oil to 350 degree F or 180 C.
- Add the chicken to a bowl and salt and pepper to taste and mix until well combined.
- Put in the corn starch and stir until coated.
- Add the flour and gradually add in cold water to a bowl. Mix until a smooth consistence forms.
- Dip the chicken into the batter using a skewer or tooth pick.
- Fry it in the oil, in batches, until golden brown. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Combine the water, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, corn starch, and ketchup. Stir until well combined.
- Place in a pan and bring to a boil. Stir until it thickens.
- Plate the chicken, pour some sauce over the top, and serve.
- Enjoy your homemade chicken balls.