Pumpkin pie is a simple and delicious dessert. I have tried to make this recipe as easy as possible. You can play with the spices a little bit to adjust them according to your liking. For example, if you are a cinnamon lover, you can add a little more. The same applies to the rest of the spices. One spice I sometimes add is ground cloves. About 1/4 tsp adds a little bit of extra kick. Not everybody has this spice on hand, however. If you don’t like the filling too sweet, you can cut back on the sugar.
I find it easier to buy the pumpkin puree in the can, but you make it from scratch if you wish. I often buy premade pie shells from the store. If you have some extra time on your hands, we have a really nice pie shell recipe.
Pumpkin pie is a great dessert recipe for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I enjoy it any time of the year, however. Give this a try on the weekend. Your friends and family will love it.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 nine inch premade pie shell
- 1 can of condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of ginger powder
- pinch of salt
- Servings: 4
- Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Bake the pie shells according to package instructions.
- Preheat your oven to 425 F degrees.
- Add the pumpkin, brown sugar, condensed milk, eggs, nutmeg, ginger, and salt to a mixing bowl. Whisk until everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell until it come close to the top. Bake it for 14 or 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and allow it to bake for an additional 40 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean. A
- Allow the pie to cool for 2 or 3 hours. Serve your pumpkin pie topped with whipped cream.