Mac and Cheese Pizza is a welcomed alternative to traditional pizza. When I make it up, most of my friends are shocked for two reasons. First, the idea that I’d dare to put mac and cheese on a pizza. They are equally as shocked by how delicious it is. Give it a try, surprise you friends, and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips and variations to making this tasty pizza. First, you can use the mac and cheese in a box or make it from scratch. If you are going to do the latter, we have an excellent no bake mac and cheese recipe. If you are going to use the boxed kind, Kraft is about the best. You can use as much or as little sauce as you like. We also have a great recipe for homemade pizza sauce. Be careful and gentle when you put the mac and cheese over the pizza as you don’t want it to mix with the sauce. I like to use lots of mozzarella, but it’s entirely up to you. The basil can be left out, but I find it’s a welcomed addition. Also, feel free to use additional toppings such as onions, olives, pepperoni, etc.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1 box of mac and cheese or 3 – 4 cups of homemade mac and cheese
- 1 pizza shell
- 4 – 5 tbsp of pizza sauce
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of grated mozzarella
- 1/2 tsp of dried basil
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees F or 215 C.
- Make the mac and cheese according to package instructions. If you want to make homemade no bake mach and cheese, click on this link.
- Press the pizza dough out so it’s evenly and covers the pan.
- Swirl the sauce on so it comes about half an inch from the edge.
- Gently spread the mac and cheese over the sauce.
- Put the mozzarella over the top.
- Sprinkle the basil on.
- Place the pizza in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is a golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy your mac and cheese pizza.