Ground pork in tomato sauce is another one of our quick and easy lunch or dinner recipes, It can be prepared in about 40 minutes. It is great served up over rice, in a sub, or over mashed potatoes.
You can use just about any kind of ground pork with. I like a lean cut, however. As with any recipe, you can tinker with some of the ingredients to suit your taste. For example, if you are a garlic lover, feel free to add a little more garlic. The same holds true for the rest of the ingredients. The raisins are optional. They do add a nice touch of sweetness to the dish, however. If you don’t have fish sauce, or you don’t like it, you can substitute soy sauce or salt. The boiled egg is also optional, but it does top the dish off nicely.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1/2 kg ground pork
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 small carrot diced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 hard boiled eggs (optional)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Servings: 5
- Time: 35 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Spanish, Asian
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan. Saute onion and garlic soft and fragrant.
- Put in ground pork and stir until light brown approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and pepper. Stir until well incorporated.
- Pour in tomato sauce and water. Stir until well combined. Cover and simmer over low heat for at least 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add the bell peppers, carrots, potatoes, raisins, peas. Stir until nicely combined. Simmer for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, add the hard boiled eggs which is optional. Simmer for additional 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Serve and enjoy!