Halloween cup cakes are easy and fun to make. They are made using chocolate cup cakes. The spooky designs are made with a butter cream frosting. If you don’t like butter cream frosting, you can use our cream cheese frosting. Your family will love these delicious Halloween treats
.In making the cup cakes, be sure not to over mix the batter as the cupcakes will become sunken and flat. Just mix the it to the point where it is well incorporated and stop. Only fill the muffin cups 3/4’s of the way full. If you fill them too full, they will rise while baking and resemble muffins rather than cupcakes.
For designing the eyes, and other parts, you can use a colored jell, candy sprinkles, chocolate chips, or chocolate frosting. For other parts, you can color the frosting with food coloring and pipe it on using a piping bag with various tips. You can use your personal creative touches with these cupcakes, of course. For more suggestions of designs such as mummies, spider webs, eye balls, and ghosts, watch our video. The most important part is that you have fun making your Halloween cupcakes.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
For the cupcakes:
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) Butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
For the frosting:
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of softened butter
- 2 cup2 of confectioner’s sugar
- 4 tsp of milk
- 2 tbsp of vanilla extract
- food coloring of your choice
- Yield: 12-13
- Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Level: Advanced
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl. Whisk until it’s well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add in the softened butter and sugar. Using an electric mixer or spoon, beat on low speed until creamy.
- One at a time, add in the eggs and the vanilla extract. Beat again until well combined and smooth. Add in the butter milk and beat until it’s incorporated.
- Add in the flour mixture. Beat until it’s well incorporated. Do not over mix it.
- Line a muffin tray with the muffin cups of your choice. Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, add the batter to the cups. Fill them about 3/4’s of the way full. Do not over fill the cups, as they will rise during baking.
- Place them in the oven and allow them to bake for at least 20 minutes. To test them, you can insert a tooth pick. If it comes out clean, you will know the cupcakes are done completely.
- Set the cupcakes aside aside on a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Sift the confectioner’s sugar into a mixing bowl. Next, add the softened butter, milk, and vanilla extract. Using a stand or hand mixer, beat until it’s well combined and creamy. If you want it a little runnier, you can add a little bit more milk.
- Divide the frosting into 3 or 4 sections. Color it, using food coloring, according to your decorating preferences.
- Transfer it to a piping bag with your preferred tips.
- Decorate you spooky Halloween cupcakes.