Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies are incredible. The taste of the Oreo cookie combined with the chocolate chip cookie dough is heavenly. The great thing is, they are so easy to make. I usually make them up on weekends. Believe me, they disappear pretty fast.
They are a few tips to making these delicious little treats. First, I like to use dark brown sugar because of the strong molasses taste it gives off. You can, however, use light brown or white sugar. Keep in mind, the cookie will be considerably lighter in appearance. You can also alter the amount of sugar you put in. If you want the cookie a little sweeter, add in another 1/4 cup of sugar. If you want it less sweet, do the opposite. Fifteen minutes in the oven will give you a fairly soft cookie. If you want them a little more crunchy, leave them in an extra few minutes. Be sure not to over mix the batter as it will create a tough cookie. The recipe should yield 12 cookies depending on how thick you make them. Lastly, I use semi sweet chocolate chips. You can use sweet chips of or even chunks of chocolate.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of slightly softened, unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 12 oreo cookies
- Yield: 12
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Using a wooden spoon or electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together in a separate bowl.
- Add in the egg and the vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients about 1/3 at a time. Mix until it’s just combined with each addition. During the last addition, add in the chocolate chips. Do not over mix.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat your cookie tray with some baking spray.
- Scoop up one heaping tablespoon of the mixture and put it on top of an Oreo cookie. Even it out and press it half way down the edge of the cookie. Scoop up another heaping tablespoon and put over the other side of the cookie. Once again, even it out and pinch the edges shut. Repeat the process for all of the cookies.
- Place the cookies on the cookie tray. Place them in the oven and allow them to bake for 15 minutes.
- Put the cookies on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve and enjoy your Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies.