Our creamy herb chicken is an incredibly delicious combination of boneless, skinless chicken breasts which are cut in half and spiced with garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. It is served with a divine sauce consisting of milk, minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. The dish is simple out of this world. With a side dish of mashed potatoes, or rice, your family and friends will be back for more and who would have though the entire dish can be made up in 30 minutes.
As always, you can alter the recipe in any way you wish. For example, if you are not a garlic lover, leave it out. If you are, simply add more. I add dried herbs, but you can add fresh if you have them on hand and are so inclined. I always cut the breasts in half as I find they cook better and I have more control over the cooking process. However, if you want them whole, simple adjust the cooking time according to their thickness. In this case, I suggest you use a thermometer as you can not see the centre. We always use 2 percent milk as it is a bit healthier but half and half or whole cream can be used too.
Give our creamy herb chicken a try and, as always, let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast cut in half
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 1 tsp of rosemary
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of mixed vegetables
- 1 tbsp of milk diluted in 1 tbsp of corn starch
- 1 tsp of parsley
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- olive oil and butter for frying
- Mix all of the herbs and spices together in a small bowl and use half of them to season both sides of the chicken.
- Add some olive oil and butter to pan heated over medium high heat.
- Place the chicken in and cook until no longer pink and browned on both sides. This should take about 5 minutes on each side.
- Set the chicken aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add in more olive oil, the minced garlic and saute it for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Place the remaining herbs and spices in and saute until they are fragrant.
- Pour the milk in and bring it to a boil. Add in the corn starch mixture. Simmer and stir and allow it to thicken.
- Place the chicken back in, spooning the sauce over it, and allowing it to reheat.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, serve and enjoy your creamy herb chicken.