Broccoli cheese balls are made with a simple combination of ingredients such as broccoli, cheese, panko bread crumbs, shallots or onions, garlic, eggs, salt, and pepper. The outcome of these simple ingredients is simply out of this world.
I often make them up for parties but have been know to make them up as a snack for myself. These tasty little treats are ready in about half an hour.
I use old, sharp cheddar cheese, but you can use the cheese of your choice. For example, colby, or other cheeses work and taste just fine. Panko bread crumbs are always my go to crumbs but Italian is nice too. When I initially made these, I didn’t have shallots on hand, so I used red onions which sufficed just nicely. You can use other ingredients if you wish as well.
Make them up and your family and friends will just love them. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 2 cups of chopped boiled broccoli
- 3/4 of a Cup of all the sharp grated cheddar cheese (you can use the cheese of your choice)
- 1 Cup of panko bread crumbs
- Two shallots or onions finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the broccoli, cheese, bread crumbs, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper to a medium size mixing bowl. mix and mash until well combined. initially, you can add the broccoli to a blender and pulse it.
- using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon scoop up some of the mixture, place it in the palm of your hand, and roll it into a ball.
- Place the balls onto a tray lined with parchment paper or a wire rack sprayed with oil.
- put into a 390 degree Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until Golden Brown.
- serve with your favorite sauce and enjoy your broccoli cheese balls – the ultimate appetizer.