Chocolate popcorn is a great alternative to traditional popcorn. Actually, the recipe is sometimes referred to as angel poop which is a rather interesting tag. It is rich and delicious. I always serve it up at parties, and it’s an instant hit with everybody. Believe me, the kids will especially love it. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making this delicious chocolate popcorn. First, I always use semi sweet chocolate, but you can use the chocolate of your choice. I’ve also seen recipes that use white chocolate which would create a nice appearance. We use microwave buttered popcorn but any kind could be used. I’m a cashew lover, so that’s what I use in the recipe. Any kind of nuts can be used as it’s simply a matter of taste and preference. They should be chilled for 15 to 20 minutes but overnight is even better. It’s best to keep them refrigerated as they become gooey fairly fast.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups of popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup of chopped cashews (or any nut of your choice)
- In a double boiler, melt down the chocolate chips so you get a smooth velvety texture.
- Add in the popcorn and nuts. Stir until the popcorn is well coated with the chocolate.
- Using two spoons, scoop some of the mixture, form it into a dome shape, and place it on a baking tray lined with some parchment paper. Repeat this for the remainder of the mixture.
- Place it in the fridge and allow it to set for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your chocolate popcorn.