Kangkong with Oyster Sauce
Kangkong with Oyster Sauce is a water spinach stewed in oyster sauce. It can be combined with any preferred meat. It is a basic recipe but makes a lovely lunch or dinner. Everybody can eat kangkong. It is made with extremely healthy leaves such talbos ng kamote. If you have trouble getting your children to eat veggies, then try this recipe. As a vegetarian alternative, disregard the pork and use only vegetables.
- 2 bundles Kangkong soaked in water
- 1/4 kilo pork diced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- Pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
- Servings: 2
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
(4 / 5)
- Cut kangkong into 3 inch long strips, discard the lower part. Wash and soak in a bowl of warm water.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Pan fry pork meat until light brown. Remove excess oil.
- Add the onion and garlic in the pan and saute together until soft and fragrant.
- Season with oyster sauce and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Pour in water and place in kangkong. Stir, cover and simmer for few minutes, until leaves is tender and wilted. Turn off heat.
- Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe