Mac and Cheese Muffins
Mac and cheese muffins are simple, delicious, and kid friendly. They are a really nice alternative to plain old mac and cheese. I always make them up on the weekend and the kids just love them. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
I like to use bacon bits in the recipe, but this is completely optional, however. Sharp cheddar cheese is really nice, but you can use the cheese of your choice. As always,, salt and pepper according to your liking. The muffin tray can be any size. If you want the mixture a little thicker, a bit more flour can be added. You can use as much or as little garlic as you like. I find, the bread crumbs really add a nice texture to the dish.Video:
- 1½ cups of milk
- 1½ cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 2 cups of elbow noodles
- 2 tbsp of bacon bits
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp of chives
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the milk and flour in a container and mix until they are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a pan and bring it to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium high heat until it thickens up.
- Add in the cheese, bacon bits, garlic powder,salt , pepper, and stir until the cheese melts.
- Add in the noodles and toss until the noodles are well coated.
- Coat a muffin tray with baking spray.
- Put about 3 tbsp of the mixture into each muffin container. Sprinkle some bread crumbs and grated cheese over the top.
- Place them in the oven for 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Garnish with chives, serve, and enjoy your mac and cheese muffins.
Share This Recipe