One Pan Chicken Breast Roman Style
One pan chicken breasts Roman Style is a delicious combination of tomatoes, bell peppers, garlic, onions, and chicken seasoned with oregano and thyme. When mixed together, the create a flavor that is out of this world. I often make it up during the week, as it is so easy to make. The entire family loves it, and they go back for seconds.
I use boneless, skinless breast in the recipe. You can, however, use any cut of chicken you like. Keep in mind that if bone in chicken is used, the cooking time will have to be a bit longer. The seasoning can also be adjusted according to your liking. Feel free to add in extra spices too if you wish. You could put in a few pepper flakes for some heat.
I use a fairly large can of diced tomatoes. If a smaller can is used, fell free to add in some chicken stock to make up for the difference.
Give our one pan chicken breast Roman style and try and let us know what you think.Video:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- red bell pepper, sliced
- yellow bell pepper sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp of dried parsley
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- fresh oregano for garnish
- oil for frying
- 2 tbsp of capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add some oil to a pan and cook the chicken until browned on both sides. Set it aside.
- In the same pan, add in the peppers and cook until tender crisp.
- Add in the garlic and scallions and saute for about one minute.
- Put the tomatoes, thyme, and oregano in and bring to a boil.
- Allow the dish to simmer over medium low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Place the capers and parsley in and serve.
- Enjoy your one pan chicken breast Roman style.