Maple honey glazed ham is simple and delicious. The glaze is the secret to this dish. If you have difficulty locating maple syrup, you can simply leave it out. You can use just about any type of ham in this recipe; although, a precooked family ham works best. This is a great recipe for the holiday season. It can, however, be served any time throughout the year. One of my favorite side dishes with ham is scallop potatoes. A nice garden salad or fresh vegetables complement the dish nicely, as well.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 2 pound family cooked ham
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- pinch of ginger powder
- whole cloves
- Servings: 4-5
- Time: 50 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Using a sharp knife, diagonally score the ham from one side to the other. The scores should be approximately half an inch deep and three quarters of an inch to 1 inch wide. Then, start at the other end of the ham and score it in the opposite direction. You will end up with diamond patterns.
- Place cloves into the top and the bottom of each diamond.
- Add the brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, cinnamon, and ginger powder to a saucepan. Mix continuously over low heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute until it become as runny and everything is well combined.
- Brush a generous application of the glaze over top of the ham.
- Place the ham into the oven for 40 minutes. Every 12 minutes, brush another generous application of the glaze over the ham.
- Remove it from the oven, slice, and serve. Enjoy your maple honey glazed ham.