Leftover turkey casserole is a great idea for leftover turkey and stuffing. I can’t remember how many times I have cooked up a big turkey and ended up with tonnes of leftovers. Of course, like many, the only recipe I could think of was turkey sandwiches. This dish is an excellent alternative, not to mention delicious.
If you are short on dressing, you can use a box of Stovetop stuffing. You can use just about any flavor you want. Of course, turkey makes the most sense. As far as the cheese goes, I like old, sharp cheddar, but you can use your favorite cheese. Cream of mushroom soup goes really well with this recipe, but an alternative is cream chicken and mushroom. Once again, you can use whatever soup you think will go well with the dish. Feel free to experiment.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 kg of leftover turkey
- 1 10 oz can of cream of mushroom soup
- 3 – cups of leftover stuffing or 1 box of Stovetop (cooked)
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- Servings: 4
- Time: 50 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken stock in a measuring cup. Then, microwave it for 3 minutes, or place it in a saucepan and heat it just until it’s good and hot. Pour the cream of mushroom soup in and mix until it’s well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 by 9 casserole dish or the container of your choice. Add in the turkey. Using a spoon, mix it until the meat is thoroughly covered with the soup. Then, add the stuffing over the top. Spread it out until it’s evenly distributed and smooth. Put some aluminum foil over the top to prevent it from drying out.
- Place it into the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and take off the foil. Spread the cheese over the top. Place it back in the oven, turn it up to broil, and allow it to bake for 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- Remove it and serve. Enjoy your leftover turkey casserole.