Savory Italian sausage rice is simple and delicious. It is a meal in itself. I usually serve it up midweek, as it’s so easy to make. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to this recipe. First of all, you can use the sausage of your choice. I like a nice spicy Italian sausage. You want something with a bit of zip. You can remove the casing, as this add a little more flavor and allows the sausage to relax. You can also use any type of rice. A long grained rice really goes nice with this recipe. You can use Spanish paprika, but the smoked really adds a nice touch. You can also add the vegetables of your choice, as well. It’s important to note that this dish should be served fresh.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 4 Italian Sausages
- 1 bundle of green beans, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small bundle of parsley, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Heat some olive oil in a pan. Place the sausages in and fry them over medium high heat for about 4 minutes until they’re golden brown. Remove them and slice them into bite size pieces.
- Add a bit more oil to the same pan. Add the onion, garlic, green peppers, and green beans in. Saute them for a minute of two. Season with salt and pepper. Put the sausages back in and add the paprika and rice. Stir for a minute or so.
- Add the chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Allow it to simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat until the rice is tender.
- Turn off the heat and add the parsley, tomatoes, and green onions. Stir everything together.
- Serve and enjoy your Savory Italian Sausage Rice.
- David Hood+