Mini chicken subs are really simple to make and incredibly delicious. I serve them up at parties, and they are an instant hit with everybody. They are also great at a BBQ. They make a great match with burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, etc.
As with every recipe on Cook n’ Share, the cooking tips are as follows: I use a pretty basic rub which consists of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. You, of course, can season the breasts any way you wish. The most difficult part of making mini chicken subs is frying the chicken. There is a bit of a trick to it. I usually preheat my pan over medium high heat and add the breasts in. Use a big enough pan because you don’t want to overcrowd it. Fry them for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. A good indicator when to flip them over is when the meat turns from pink to white half way up the breast. You don’t want the heat too high as you will end up with a tough sear on the outside of your chicken. To shred them, I take two forks, start at one edge of the breast, and pull the meat in opposite directions. I use standard hot dog buns, put them in the oven, and slightly toast them. This recipe calls for some pretty basic toppings, but you can be as creative as you want.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 hot dog buns
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 head of shredded lettuce
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- Servings: 4
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic on each side.
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Place the chicken breasts in and fry them, over medium heat, for 4 or 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove them from the pan, and allow them to get cool enough to handle. Using two forks, shred the chicken.
- Lightly toast the hot dog buns. Place a generous amount of the shredded chicken on the bottom of the buns, followed by the tomatoes, lettuce, and cheese. Spread some mayo on the other side.
- Serve and enjoy your mini chicken subs.