Maja Blanca is delicious and sweet. It is a famous dessert in the Philippines especially during fiestas. It is made from coconut milk and condensed milk. If you want the recipe to be creamier simply add more thick coconut cream. Optional toppings can include latik, and crushed peanuts. The easiest and most available topping, however, is grated peanuts.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 can (300 ml) condensed milk
- 1 medium can sweet corn kernel, drained
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- 1 can (370 ml) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup corn starch dissolved in 1/2 cup of fresh milk or water
- crushed peanuts for topping
- Servings: 6
- Time: 45 minutes
- Level: Filipino
- Cuisine: Filipino
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Pour coconut milk, sugar, condensed milk, evaporated milk and corn in a big pot.
- Bring to boil while stirring occasionally in order to avoid sticking to the pot.
- After boiling, add dissolved cornstarch. Stir occasionally on low heat until the mixture thickens.
- Transfer into large container or mold, and flatten the mixture using a spatula or a spoon.
- Allow to cool. Put in refrigerator for few hours or more until firm.
- Sprinkle with crushed peanuts or latik on top. (Watch biko recipe on how to make latik). Serve.