Creamy garlic and lemon pasta is simply delightful. It’s so quick easy to make. The entire dish can be thrown together in about 20 to 25 minutes. In light of this, it makes a great midweek dinner. Don’t forget to serve it up with garlic bread and a nice glass of wine.
I use heavy cream in the recipe, but you can use the cream of your choice. Any type of pasta can be used, but I prefer spaghetti noodles. It’s your call on the bacon, but my personal preference is a nice smoked hickory bacon. I don’t use any salt in the dish as the bacon is salty enough. You can also alter the spices and lemon juice according to your liking, but I find the amounts suggested in the recipe are just about perfect.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 6 strips of chopped bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- Servings: 4
- Time: 30 minutes
- Cuisine: American
- Level: Easy
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Bring some salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti in and cook it until it’s al dente – about 9 minutes.
- Cut the bacon into bite size bits. Pour a small amount of olive oil into a pan and put the bacon in. Fry it over medium high heat for about 5 minutes until it browns. Remove it from the pan and set it aside on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Add some olive oil to a separate pan. Put the garlic in and saute it for about 30 to 45 seconds. Add the heavy cream in and bring it to a boil over medium high heat.
- While the cream is coming to a boil, drain the spaghetti in a strainer.
- Once the cream has boiled, add in the lemon juice, oregano, pepper, bacon, and cheddar cheese. Stir until everything is well incorporated. Add the pasta in and toss it until the noodles are covered with the sauce.
- Plate your creamy garlic and lemon pasta. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over the top. Serve and enjoy.