Sopas or (Chicken noodle soup) is Macaroni noodles with shredded chicken and vegetables. Other meat can be substitute such as pork and beef. It can also be cooked with spaghetti noodles, just make sure they are cut in small pieces. It is healthy, creamy and tasty. Today, Filipinos love to make their sopas a little bit spicy or pepperish by adding a lot of ground black pepper. This dish can be served as a snack. It is also perfect for the rainy season or winter days. The entire family will love this recipe.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1/4 kilo chicken boiled and shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1 small carrot julienne
- 1/2 head cabbage cut strips
- 3 hotdogs or sausages, diced
- 4 – 6 tbsp. fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small potato, julienne
- 3 cups water ( amount is optional)
- 200 – 250 grams macaroni noodles or pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth or pork broth
- 3 tbsp. butter or margarine
- Servings: 5-6
- Time: 50 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino, American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Melt butter in a pan. Saute garlic and onion until soft and fragrant.
- Add the shredded chicken and saute until light brown.
- Season with fish sauce. Pour in water and chicken broth. Bring to boil.
- Add hot dogs, carrots, and cabbage. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add macaroni noodles, celery, and continue to simmer until noodles are tender.
- Add potatoes and simmer until soft.
- Pour the fresh milk in and stir well. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for few minutes.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!