Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle
Red velvet pancakes with cream cheese drizzle are simply divine. They can be made up for breakfast or dessert which makes them so versatile. The are great for Valentine’s Day, but they make a great treat any day of the year. I often make them up on the weekends, and friends and family love them.
There are a few ways to tweak or altering the recipe. First, you can add as much or as little red food coloring depending on how dark or bright you want the pancakes. I’ve never done it, but often thought, they can even be made up on St. Patrick’s Day by adding some green food coloring. I think that would be really cool.
You can also make the pancakes as large or as small as you like. I have always found that 1/4 cup of batter makes up a perfect medium size pancake, but you can adjust the amount according to your liking. In terms of the drizzle, you can add as much or as little sugar as you like depending on your sweet tooth. The amount of milk can be altered depending on how runny you want the drizzle.Video:
- For the Pancakes:
- 200 grams (1½ cups) of all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of cocoa
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 8 oz or 1 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of red food coloring
- For the Drizzle:
- 2 oz or 60 grams of cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tbsp of softened unsalted butter
- ¾ cup or 100 grams of confectioner's sugar
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 tbsp of milk
- To Make the Pancakes:
- Add the flour, sugar, salt, cocoa, and baking powder to a mixing bowl. Whisk until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, egg, and food coloring. Whisk until a consistent color is achieved.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Heat you pan or griddle to about 350 degrees F or 177 C, add some oil to it, and spread the oil out using a paper towel.
- Pour about a quarter cup of the mixture onto the griddle. Cook until the one side begins to dry out and bubble. Flip and cook the other side until it's firm and golden brown. Repeat this process for the remaining mixture.
- To Make the Drizzle:
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, confectioner's sugar, and vanilla extract in a small bowl or measuring cup. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add in enough milk to achieve your desired texture. You want it to flow over the pancakes.
- Drizzle the mixture over the pancakes, serve, and enjoy your red velvet pancakes with cream cheese drizzle.
Share This Recipe