Spicy Garlic Butter Pasta
Spicy garlic butter pasta is a delicious combination of primarily garlic, butter, spaghetti, and hot pepper flakes. When these ingredients are combined, the taste is simply out of this world. The great thing is the entire dish can be made in 15 or 20 minutes.
Although the basic ingredients can all be found in this recipe, you can also add additional flavours if you like. In example, some onion, smoked paprika, etc. can be added if you like. The list goes on and It is entirely up to you.
I use spaghetti as the pasta, but linguini, macaroni or the pasta of your choice can be used. Just ensure it will stick to the sauce well. I always cook the noodles to al dente, but if you like it a bit softer, it can be cooked a bit longer.
In this recipe, we use Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce. You can use primarily soy and fish sauce too if you like. I don’t add any salt as the soy sauce contains enough sodium.
The dish also makes a fantastic appetizer for parties or social evens.
Believe me, your family and friends will just love and will not believe that the dish was made that simply and quickly.
Give it a try and, as always, let us know what you think.Watch the Video:
- 200 grams of spaghetti noodles
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 6 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 tsp of hot chilli flakes
- ¼ cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp of the pasta water, reserved
- parmesan cheese and fresh parsley for garnish
- Add the spaghetti noodles to a pot of salted, rapid boiling water. Cook for 8 or 9 minutes until al dente. Drain, set it aside, and keep warm.
- Add butter to a pan over medium high heat and melt down. Pour the oil in followed by the garlic, chilli flakes, and stir until the garlic is soft.
- Add in the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Place the pasta back in and toss until coated.
- Pour the water in and toss again. Only add the water if you feel it is too dry.
- Plate, sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top and garnish with the parsley.
- Serve and enjoy your spicy garlic butter pasta.