Banana Coconut Pops are so simple to make as they only use three ingredients that most people have kicking around in their pantry. Your kids will have fun making them, as well. The hardest part is waiting for them to freeze. They make a great dessert and a super summer treat because they are so refreshing. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
We just have a couple of pointers to making these tasty little treats. First, you can use just about any yogurt you like. In this recipe, we use plain 2 percent yogurt. Greek or flavored yogurt could be used as well. You can use heavy skewers or lollipop sticks. Just make sure they are well covered with the yogurt and coconut flakes to ensure maximum flavor. This recipe makes about 8 pops, but you can double or triple the recipe if you require more. They will freeze in 2 to 3 hours, but I always like to leave my banana coconut pops in overnight.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1 banana, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 100 grams of coconut flakes (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup of plain or Greek yogurt
- 8 – 10 lollipop sticks or thick skewers
- Place a lollipop stick into the side of each banana slice.
- Submerge it in the yogurt and roll it in the coconut flakes. Make sure the banana is completely covered with both.
- Lay them into a container lined with a light bed of coconut flakes. Place a lid on and put them in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours (overnight is preferred).
- Serve and enjoy your banana coconut puffs.