Beef Yakisoba is a Japanese dish that can be made up quickly and easily. I make it up once a month and my family and friends love it. As a matter of fact, they always ask for the recipe.
You can use any kind of noodles you like, but yakisoba noodles are the best. Chow mein noodles or ramen noodles can be used too.
I like pickled ginger but it is optional. It does add a nice twist, however. To make the homemade pickled ginger, slice 2 thumb size ginger in julienne. Boil it in water for about 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze all the water. use a kitchen towel to drain well. Add 1/2 tsp of sugar and submerge it in cider vinegar or white vinegar. Drop some red food coloring and leave it overnight. Walla!
In this recipe. any cut of beef can be used, but always, use a good cut as it will add to the dish. Chicken or pork can be used too.
You can also add the seasoning of your choice. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
- 7 oz of yakisoba noodles
- 1/2 pound of steak or beef
- 1/2 of a carrot, julienned
- handful of chopped cabbage
- medium onion, sliced in strips
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- pepper to taste
- Add the noodles to some boiling water and cook them for 30 to 40 seconds. Drain the noodles.
- Cut the beef across the grain into small sections.
- Add some oil to a pan and fry the beef until cooked. This should take about 4 minutes over medium high heat.
- Put in the carrots, cabbage, onion, fry and toss for a few minutes.
- Place the noodles back in and add in the Worcestershire sauce, the oyster sauce, soy sauce, and the pepper. Stir and toss for about 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your beef yakisoba.