Breakfast burritos are a Mexican inspired breakfast dish made with flour tortillas, scrambled eggs, and salsa sauce. The salsa sauce can be mild or hot depending on your preferences. There is nothing wrong with using store bought salsa and tortillas in this dish, especially when you are rushing. However, if you have enough time to make them from scratch, we recommend you to watch our how to video on making flour tortillas.
Scrambled eggs are definitely easy to make. You do, however, need to make sure they are tasty and full of flavor or else they will be bland and rather boring. To achieve this, we load our egg mixture with different seasonings. Chili powder is essential to have the Mexican touch. If you don’t have garlic or onion powder on hand, you can use “maggi seasoning mix” (Philippine product). It is an all spice, and it will do. Re-fried beans are also optional; however, if you have it in your kitchen, by all means use it. Do you want something new for breakfast? This dish is my personal favorite, it is addictive and delicious. Give it a try!
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 2 flour tortillas, “9 inch”
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- pinch dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp softened butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 tbsp re-fried beans (optional)
- cooking oil
- Servings: 2
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, pepper, butter, and milk. Whisk until well combined.
- Add a little bit of cooking oil in a preheated pan. Pour in eggs and stir continuously over medium heat until scrambled and set. This will take approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Cut out two squares of aluminum foil. Place each flour tortilla on them. Spread about 3 tablespoons of re-fried beans on the center. Follow this by grated cheese, scramble eggs, chopped onions, and tomatoes.
- Fold the tortillas toward the center and wrap them tightly with aluminum foil. Transfer them onto a baking tray.
- Place them in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 7-10 minutes.
- After 7-10 minutes, remove them from the oven, unwrap, and serve on a platter.
- Top with your favorite salsa sauce and serve. Enjoy!