Carrot cake is a classic delightful cake made with grated carrots, walnuts, and batter. This cake cannot be perfect without the cream cheese frosting. It is easy to make and requires a few basic ingredients. There are tons of carrot cake recipes out there, but this is one of the most delicious I have found? It is uncomplicated, moist, and delicious. Without the word of lie, visitors will love our carrot cake. This recipe can be made without using electric mixer simply by the use of a little bit of elbow grease. It is so easy. Everyone will love it no matter what the occasion may be. This cake will clearly be a big hit. Give it a try.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
For cream cheese frosting:
- 1 cup (8 oz) cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 tbsp softened butter
- 2 cups confectioner’s (powdered) sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Servings: 5-6
- Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Level: Advanced
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- In a mixing bowl, sift flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- In separate bowl, add in sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Mix, using an electric mixer, until well incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter. Whisk together using an electric mixer until nicely combined batter.
- Peel and grate carrots finely. Add the grated carrots and chopped walnuts to the mixture. Fold using a spatula until nicely combined .
- Spray the baking pan with cooking spray and line with baking sheet. Divide the batter into two 9 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for at least 30 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool down completely on a wire wrack. Transfer into a serving plate.
- To make the frosting, add the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Beat or whisk with hand mixer over low speed until smooth and floppy. Gradually add the confectioner’s sugar and whisk again on low speed until smooth and lump free.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting onto the top of one cake using a spatula. Set the other cake on top of it. Spread the remaining frosting over the cakes. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts on top or decorate the cake according to your taste.
- Slice and serve. Enjoy!