Lemon chicken is an easy recipe, and it is great for dinner or lunch. It is made with any cut of chicken, freshly squeezed lemons, rosemary, and other seasonings. There are tons of lemon chicken recipes online, but ours is miles ahead other variations. You don’t need an extra thick sauce and battered coating. If you want to stay away from deep frying, this recipe is easy, simple, lemonish, yet super delicious.
In this recipe, we highly recommend chicken breasts or thighs with skin. However, any cut of chicken will do. We also make a slit on top of chicken so the marinate will soak into the chicken well. Marinating can be done over night or 1 to hours ahead of time if you are in a hurry. Outdoor grilling, barbecuing, or pan searing is also perfect for this dish. Serve this up with lemon wedges on the side or even freshly squeezed lemon over the top. Crispy vegetables, potatoes, or salad, are also great wish this dish. It’s absolutely your choice. Also use gravy or your favorite condiments, it is totally your call. Don’t waste time, make this today, and I’m sure you will enjoy it.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 whole chicken, cut in serving pieces (thighs and breasts recommended)
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped (or 1 tbsp for dried)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- lemon wedges for garnishing
- Servings: 4
- Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Add the chopped rosemary, thyme, squeezed lemon, salt, pepper, crushed garlic, and olive oil. Stir until well combined.
- Pat the chicken dry with the paper towel. Score about 2 slits on the skin side of the chicken. This will help the marinate to soak well.
- Place chicken in a large Ziploc bag or a deep container. Pour the marinate over and mix until the chicken is coated well with the mixture. Marinate in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours (overnight is preferred).
- After marinating, arrange chicken skin side up in a large baking pan. Reserve the marinade. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F for about an hour or until chicken is nicely browned on all sides. Baste the chicken with the reserved marinate half way through the baking – about 30 minutes. Using a meat thermometer, you can check the chicken to see if it’s fully cooked. The temperature of breasts should be 165°F and thighs should be 175°F.
- Alternatively, outdoor grilling will also do, and it will add a nice browning effect to the chicken.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove it from oven and transfer it to a platter. Garnish with with lemon wedges.
- Serve with vegetables and favorite condiments. Enjoy!